JUNE 2006
In 1991, I started keeping an annual list of books read, after being inspired by L'Amour's Education of a Wandering Man. I also jotted down what I could remember reading between 1986-90.
You’ll see that in the early years, most of the books were religious in nature. That’s because I was religious in nature. At the present, and using the words of blogger Sarcasmo, "I have no religious affiliations but do believe in infinite possibilities."
My book lists give some idea of how I got from one place to the other, though, they don't include the hundreds of articles read or the multitude of books I only skimmed. They also don't include most of the books I've read aloud to my kids (which are legion).
AUGUST 2015
Here I am 10 years later. It's been too long. Work. life, other interests--all have crowded reading out of my life. But, I'm determined that is going to change.
I've not read a lot in the last decade, but I have read some. I'll try to catch up my list as best I can. I'm hoping that December 2015's post will show my renewed commitment to those life-changing frigates we call books.